Locations That Asbestos Has Been Found
Asbestos has been the cause of thousands of injuries to Alabama residents, often decades after exposure in the workplace. The asbestos fibers become lodged in the lining of the lungs and over a period of time cause irritation which ultimately develops into asbestosis or mesothelioma (a kind of lung cancer specifically associated with asbestos exposure). We continue to represent asbestos victims to get the compensation they deserve from the companies that caused the injury. Let us know if we can help you.
The DiLorenzo Law Firm, LLC's asbestos injury lawyers handle cases throughout Alabama and the southeastern United States. We have the experience to assist you in seeking justice for the asbestos-related injury you or a loved one now suffers and our experience can help you through the litigation process.
The cutting, handling, application and removal of asbestos products creates varying quantities of dust that are distributed into the air and the surrounding work site. It is not necessary for an individual to have an industrial occupation to receive a high concentration of occupational exposure. The following list of products may have asbestos in them:
- acoustical products, spray and tile
- adhesives and cements
- asbestos rope, braiding and wick
- asbestos tape or thread
- asphalt products, including tile and sundries
- automotive, truck, and marine products, including brake linings, pads and shoes, brake blocks, clutch materials, transmission components, gasket materials and shock absorbers
- caulking compounds and coatings
- ceiling panels, tiles and related sundries
- cement products, including cement or mortar, board, flooring, panels, pipe, flat and corrugated sheet, siding, shingles and stucco
- ceramic or paint fillers
- cigarette filters
- commercial or industrial machines and components, including brake linings, clutch facings, thermal insulation, transmission components and gaskets
- detackifying/demolding agents
- drywall joint treatment products, including joint compound, joint cement, joint treatment, joint sealant and caulking compounds fireproofing products
- gaskets, sheet packing and molded products
- gypsum products, including fire retardant gypsum board, lath, finishing and taping compounds
- hair dryers
- insulating tape
- mastics, coating and sealing products
- millboard, rollboard and mineral wool board
- oven mittens
- paint products, roof coating and floor coating
- phenolic or plastic resins
- plaster and plaster products
- plumbing joint sealant
- protective clothing, often worn by firefighters and race car drivers
- racing helmets
- refractory products, including clays, cements, shapes, blocks used to build, insulate, or seal structures subjected to high heat such as boilers, furnaces and kilns
- resilient floor covering products, including tile, sheet, backing and sundries
- roofing products, including cements, coating, felts, deckings, flashings, paints and shingles
- spackling compound
- textured paints
- thermal insulating blankets
- thermal insulating cloth/textiles
- thermal insulation products, including pipe insulation, pipe covering, pipe wrap, cement, block insulation, spray and sundries
Asbestos Side Effects
The side effects of asbestos exposure have been identified as follows:
- Lung Cancer
Mesothelioma/ Asbestosis / Lung Cancer Claims
If you have recently been diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma, or if a member of your family has died of mesothelioma or another malignant cancer related to asbestos exposure, contact our asbestos injury attorneys.
One of the main challenges in any asbestos lawsuit is to identify and find the right defendants decades after the victim's ingestion of the asbestos fibers. Most individuals who develop malignant mesothelioma were exposed to asbestos long before the diagnosis, often decades later. Because asbestos is the only known cause of mesothelioma, there is usually little difficulty in establishing that the victim's illness or death was caused by the substance, but the real challenge is to find a past property owner or the successor to a defunct corporation. This can present real problems for the plaintiff's attorney.
At The DiLorenzo Law Firm, LLC, we have the experience and the resources necessary to research, identify and locate the parties responsible for the asbestos exposure that caused mesothelioma. We work on a contingency fee basis and we will advance all the expenses involved in preparing and presenting your case, including the medical forensics necessary to confirm the diagnosis of mesothelioma in the event that a defendant disputes it. Because we handle all mesothelioma cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not be responsible for any of our attorney fees or expenses unless we are successful make a successful in recovering on your claim.
Asbestos exposure that causes mesothelioma might have occurred at a shipyard, at an electric power plant, in a building where asbestos removal was improperly performed, at an automotive brake shop, or even through secondary exposure via a spouse bringing home dust on his clothing. Whatever the source of your exposure, we can help you obtain justice and compensation.
Alabama Asbestos Lawsuits
The asbestos injury attorneys at The DiLorenzo Law Firm, LLC have a proven track record of success in helping our clients obtain compensation for injuries resulting from the exposure to dangerous substances like asbestos.
Our experienced team of legal professionals and Alabama Asbestos Injury Attorneys have been helping victims of asbestos exposure diagnosed with asbestosis or mesothelioma for years. We are dedicated to achieving real justice for the clients we serve can assure them that we will work diligently to achieve a satisfactory result.
Contact Alabama Asbestos Injury Attorneys
Filing an asbestos lawsuit can help patients and their families affected by the defective product recover the financial compensation necessary to pay for expensive treatment and long term care. If you or a loved one developed asbestosis or mesothelioma after asbestos exposure, even many years ago, you may have a defective product claim against the manufacturers. Call our Birmingham, Alabama, offices today for a free consultation. Call us toll-free at (800) 200-3604. Do not wait another day and risk losing your claim.
Alabama Asbestos Injury Statute of Limitations
Alabama has a two year statute of limitations on filing product liability and personal injury claims, including wrongful death. It takes time to acquire medical records, employment records, and draft pleadings, so please do not delay in contacting us if you have any concern that your mesothelioma or asbestosis may have been caused by a certain companies. Time is of the essence.